This page informs you of our policies regarding the collection, use and disclosure of Personal Information we receive from users of Chiki-Digi.
We use your Personal Information only for providing and improving the App. By using the App, you agree to the collection and use of information in accordance with this policy.
Information Collection and Use
While using Chiki-Digi, we may ask you to provide us with certain personally identifiable information that can be used to contact or identify you.
When you register with us and use the Application, you generally provide Personally identifiable information which may include;
(a) your name, email address, age, user name, password and other registration information;
(b) transaction-related information, such as when you download or use applications from us;
(c) information you provide us when you contact us for help;
(d) credit card/Mobile money information for purchase and use of the Application, and;
(e) information you enter into our system when using the Application, such as contact information.
We will retain your shopping history and use details of the products you have previously purchased to make suggestions to you for other products which we believe you will also be interested in.
We will also retain and evaluate information on your recent visits to our App and how you move around different sections for analytics purposes to understand how people use our App so that we can make it more intuitive
What we do with your information
We use your information to provide the services you’ve requested, create and maintain your accounts, and keep an eye out for unauthorized activity on your accounts. We also use it to communicate with you about the products you’re currently using, your customer support requests, new products you may like, chances for you to give us feedback, and policy updates. We analyze the information we collect to understand user needs and to improve our services.
We’re required to have a legal basis for collecting and processing your information. In most cases, we either have your consent or need the information to provide the service you’ve requested from us. When that’s not the case, we must demonstrate that we have another legal basis, such as our legitimate business interests.
You can decline certain kinds of information use either by not providing the information in the first place or by opting out later.
We limit access to your personal information to our employees and contractors who have a legitimate need to use it. If we share your information with other parties (like developers, service providers, domain registrars, and reselling partners), they must have appropriate security measures and a valid reason for using your information, typically to serve you.
The European Economic Area (EEA) provides certain rights to data subjects (including access, rectification, erasure, restriction of processing, data portability, and the right to object and to complain). We undertake to provide you the same rights no matter where you choose to live.
Who we share your information with
- Third-party service providers : We may need to share your personal information and aggregated or de-identified information with third-party service providers that we engage, such as marketing and advertising partners, event organizers, web analytics providers and payment processors. These service providers are authorized to use your personal information only as necessary to provide these services to us.
- Reselling partners : We may share your personal information with our authorized reselling partners in your region, solely for the purpose of contacting you about products that you have downloaded or services that you have signed up for. We will give you an option to opt out of continuing to work with that partner.
- Marketplace application developers : When you install or purchase any application developed using our APIs that is posted on our online marketplace, your name and email address will be shared with the developer of the application, so they may engage with you directly as the provider of that application or service. We do not control the use of your personal information by the developers, which will be based on their own privacy policies.
- Other cases : Other scenarios in which we may share your information are described in Third party access to information obtained by the Application
Retaining personal information
Personal information that we process for any purpose or purposes shall not be kept for longer than is necessary for that purpose or those purposes.
We will retain documents (including electronic documents) containing personal data:
(a) to the extent that we are required to do so by law;
(b) if we believe that the documents may be relevant to any ongoing or prospective legal proceedings; and
(c) in order to establish, exercise or defend our legal rights (including providing information to others for the purposes of fraud prevention and reducing credit risk).
Like any App, we collect information on your mobile browser.
This Log Data may include information such as your mobile phone’s Internet Protocol (“IP”) address, browser type, browser version and other statistics.
In addition, we may use third party services such as Google Analytics that collect, monitor and analyze this.
We may use your Personal Information to contact you with newsletters, marketing or promotional materials and other information.
The security of your Personal Information is important to us, but remember that no method of transmission over the Internet, or method of electronic storage, is 100% secure. While we strive to use commercially acceptable means to protect your Personal Information, we cannot guarantee its absolute security.
Third party access to information obtained by the Application
Only aggregated, anonymized data is periodically transmitted to external services to help us improve the Application and our service. We will share your information with third parties only in the ways that are described in this privacy statement.
We may disclose User provided and Automatically Collected Information:
- as required by law, such as to comply with court summons or orders (or its equivalent in your jurisdiction) , or similar legal process;
- when we believe in good faith that disclosure is necessary to protect our rights, protect your safety or the safety of others, investigate fraud, or respond to a government request;
- with our trusted services providers who work on our behalf, do not have an independent use of the information we disclose to them, and have agreed to adhere to the rules set forth in this privacy statement.
- if we are involved in a merger, acquisition, or sale of all or a portion of our assets, you will be notified via email and/or a prominent notice of any change in ownership or uses of this information, as well as any choices you may have regarding this information.
The parties acknowledge that the European Union’s General Data Protection Regulation 2016/679 (“GDPR”) governs the processing of personal data of citizens of the European Union. To the extent applicable, the parties shall enter into a data transfer agreement under terms and conditions substantially similar to those contained in the standard contractual clauses promulgated by the European Commission or expressly required by the GDPR.
You can stop all collection of information by the Application easily by uninstalling the Application. You may use the standard uninstall processes as may be available as part of your mobile device or via the mobile application marketplace or network.